After two years of experimenting with dressing — bright colors, striking outfits, and an overall maximal aesthetic — I found myself yearning for more simplicity, in a way that still felt special.
As fall approaches, I’m looking to add a few new pieces to my wardrobe and thought some of you might as well. I wanted to put together a fall 2022 clothing and accessory edit that includes a variety of versatile, classic options. The sections where the final cut is performed are divided below into six core categories.
In my fall 2022 clothing and accessories edit, you’ll find classic styles, many with a twist, that go well with many outfits.
Kate’s Fall 2022 Clothing and Accessories Edit
I live in sweaters from October to April! I’m currently exchanging some of my favorite but torn pieces for higher quality items.
1. Alex Mill Nico Chunky Cardigan $135
2. Mango Openwork Pompoms Knit Sweater $80
3. & Other Stories Turtleneck Sweater $129
Blazers have long been a staple in my wardrobe. I think jackets designed with a loose fit make for a particularly great layering piece and can even add a bit of an androgynous flare to an outfit. I especially like the idea of pairing one with a mini skirt or shorts.
4. Old Navy Oversized blazer with soft brush $80
5. H&M Oversized one-hole jacket $50
6. Madewell Breezewoven Larsen Blazer $148, on sale for $80
I find myself fascinated by so many different styles of pants this year, from straight to wide. I recently bought these Everlane chinos and love them so much I will probably buy another color!
7. Everlane The Relaxed Chino $98
8. Cider pleated wide leg pants $ 32
9. Old Navy High Waisted Pants $40
Long Sleeve Shirt
I tend to buy a couple of long-sleeve shirts a year to wear underneath a sweater. One of my signature looks is the slim turtleneck underneath the turtleneck — it always works!
10. Mango Striped Cotton T-Shirt $40
11. Z SUPPLY Clarke Rib Long-Sleeve Top $59
12. Fine sculpted American bodysuit $60
This is the only truly “trendy” item on the list. I think these would provide a nice change from my standard ankle boots. I think they’re still classic in their own right and can be styled for many fall seasons to come.
13. Matisse via Free People Vegan Ranch Boots $78
14. Sam Edelman via Anthropologie Taryn Western Boots $200
15. Mango Cowboy Ankle Boots $200
A bag is the finishing touch to any outfit. I never regret buying a vintage style bag, simply because it will match so many looks! These three crossbody bags are a few options that I love right now.
16. Anthropology Leather handbag $88
17. Mango $60 long strap bag
18. Anthropologie Julien Mini Leather Bag $118
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source of revenue to fund business operations and is less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight is behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Email us at any time.
Kate is currently learning to play the ukulele, leaving her husband, children and dogs desperate. Follow her on Instagram at @witanddelight_.