Be it the way the summer breeze blows with the pages of your book, the dreamy watercolor sunset, or the way a friend plucks a flying ant out of your hair without hesitation (an act of love). love), notice the subtle but meaningful ways that bring joy. may appear to have the power to change your life, enhancing your daily happiness and overall well-being.
Rejoicing in the soothing beauty of everyday life helps you cultivate a sense of wonder and gratitude for the simplest pleasures, shifting your focus away from what’s missing from your life to what’s missing. there is richness of glory there.
If you’re in need of some inspiration, enjoy this collection of gorgeous little items. From the smell of summer rain to the sound of wine in a glass, here are a few of the humble pleasures that fill you with joy and captivate your soul into a state of euphoria; the things that make you believe in the magic of life, if you slow down long enough to enjoy them.
1. When they remember something important you said while passing
2. “This makes me think of you”
3. A tight hug
4. Listen to you with curiosity when they ask how you are (superior)
5. “I want you there!”
6. Comfortable silence with your friends
7. Put their phone on the table. It says they are really here.
8. Catch an ant flying out of your hair without asking
9. Tear the pile of freshly baked hot bread
10. Time for yourself
11. New bed sheet
12. The sound of pouring wine
13. That first dessert
14. Hear the rain falling on the window when you are cozy in the house
15. Realize that a step back is really your awakening
16. Swim under the moonlight
17. Looking at the clouds
18. Someone texts you, it’s like you’re thinking about them
19. Your luggage is the first to start on the baggage carousel – you are the chosen one
20. Looking for Money You Didn’t Know You Had
21. The real bank holidays *sunny*
22. Lost track of time
23. Get you out of the office before your vacation. The feeling is incomparable.
24. A song that plays on the radio and takes you back to when you first heard it
25. Walking in the rain on a summer day
26. “I appreciate you”
27. Date yourself. Romanticize your life.
28. First cup of coffee in the morning. Upstream.
29. Wildflowers nod in the wind
30. The way music is different in the heat of summer
31. Small talk while you’re at the beach – kids playing, bottles banging, cutlery on plates from nearby restaurants, waves crashing
32. The way the wind rhymes with the pages of a book
33. Overheard conversations “I’m sorry dad, I love you” <3
34. Sweet honey tones of August golden hour light
35. No plan – because it IS a plan. Rest is effective.
36. “Have you had lunch yet?”
37. A sincere thank you
38. See drying clothes on a line; The air is fragrant with roses, the gentle breeze caressing the linen
39. Get a car park as soon as someone is leaving
40. An odd occasion when you’re trying to organize a night out with the girls and everyone just leaves you free on the same day. Hallelujah. The stars are aligned, as are the jalapeño roses.
41. White Magnums in Summer
42. Saw a dog running through the fields. Only their flapping ears can be seen.
43. “Do you want me to support you” Kindness SPF – a love language
44. A ‘funny’ dinner
45. Driving at sunset
46. Text “Just Sign Up”
47. Hear the buzzing of bees, flying from flower to flower.
48. With the sun rising and starting the day gently
49. “Text me when you get home”
50. Rearrange your room. It’s like gardening for the mind.