TechCrunch Disrupt will be back in person October 18–20 in San Francisco, and we want to remind college and university students that one minute can change the trajectory of your entrepreneurial dreams. How?
Possibility begins when you Apply for the Student pitch Contest TechCrunch (powered by Blackstone LaunchPad).
Here’s how it works:
- Record a 60-second video of your pitch.
- Fill out this application form and answer some quick questions about your company or startup idea.
- Submit your application and video before September 9.
- TechCrunch will select 20 finalists and announce on September 18.
- Note: This is a video-only contest – no one will pitch at Disrupt.
What is a no prize contest? This is what is at stake.
All 20 finalists walked away with free tickets to Disrupt, two free tickets to any TechCrunch event in 2023, and a Blackstone LaunchPad swag. The six finalists will also receive:
- A complimentary three-night stay at a San Francisco hotel during Disrupt 2022
- Feature coverage in a TechCrunch article
- A mentoring session with Blackstone LaunchPad and Techstars staff
The contest is 100% free and industry-free – we encourage students building in any industry to apply. And, while we’re happy to review applications from students with active MVPs, the ultimate winners will be a mix of student-led startups at their formative stage. idea, with the right product/market and people in the development stage.
Take a look at some of the universities with student-led startups that have applied. We have been impressed with the range of ideas and products that have come to our table from students around the world.
- London School of Economics
- Morehouse College
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Berkeley
- Columbia Business School
The fall semester starts in a few weeks, so we encourage students to apply now before they start going to, you know, college.
TechCrunch Disrupt 2022 takes place October 18–20 in San Francisco with online dates on October 21. Don’t miss your chance to win a free Disrupt ticket and a three-night stay in San Francisco. Sign up for the Student pitch competition TechCrunch by September 9. A one-minute presentation can kickstart your entrepreneurial dreams.
Is your company interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at TechCrunch Disrupt 2022? Contact our sponsored sales team by Fill out this form.