Football player of the week
about an hour ago
Will RogersQB, Mississippi State
- Throw the 395 yard round with 31 finishes and 3 touchdowns to give Bang a dominant win over 25 Arkansas.
- Breaks the SEC career record of 946 finishes in just 28 career games (Previously held by Aaron Murray, who had 921 finishes in 52 career games).
- Highest score among SEC quarterbacks by PFF (81.7)
- No sales for the third week in a row.
- It marks the fifth time in six games this season he has crossed more than 300 metres.
- 1st in the nation in passing yards (351.7) and completions per game (33.6).
- Leads the SEC in passes, touches, completions and completion rate.
Jonathan MingoWR, Ole Miss
- Breaks Ole Miss’s single-game record for getting yards for leading the Rebels against Vanderbilt.
- Made nine passes, including two TDs, for 247 yards, breaking Elijah Moore’s 2020 record of 238 yards also at Vanderbilt.
- The 247-yard performance is the 13th best single-game performance in SEC history and the most in FBS this season.
- With touchdown tackles at 72 and 71 yards, he is the first Rebel player to score more TD hits from 70 yards or more in the same game since AJ Brown scored 77 and 71 yards against South Alabama in 2017.
Jaydon HillCB, Florida
- In his second game back from injury, Jaydon Hill scored two interceptions, including a 49-yard intercept in the first half and an interception to block his path. Missouri deep into Florida territory.
- Those were the first interceptions of his career and the first encounters of Hill’s career.
- Hill is the first Florida player to have two interceptions and one pick of six in the same game since CJ Gardner-Johnson played against Michigan in the Peach Bowl on December 29, 2018.
- Hill’s first intercept represents Florida’s longest six pick since Ventrell Miller’s 82-yard interception return encounter against Idaho on November 17, 2018.
Chase McGrathPK, Tennessee
- McGrath scored 4/5 goals and converted all of his 4 plus points in a brilliant team effort especially as the Tennessee No. 8 beat the LSU No. 25 for the first time since 2005 by a margin. 40-13.
- Four on-field goals are tied for the fifth most in a game in school history and the most by a Vol since 2015. McGrath’s connection with three goals in the first half allowed the Vols to pick up momentum, including a goal at 32 yards. when the time runs out in the first half.
- He made a pair of 32-yard players, a 35-yard player and a 38-yard player.
- His 16-point total falls short of a school singles record for points by a kicker.
- McGrath is now 8/10 on-field goals for the year and 28/10 in the PATs.
Branson RobinsonRB, Georgia
- Robinson had 12 hits for 98 yards, including one in a 30-yard career, and scored his first touchdown in the Bulldogs thrashing of the Tigers.
- Thanks in part to Robinson’s day, the Bulldogs ran 292 yards on the ground and from 208 yards in the air to an average of 7.0 yards per play.
Jovaughn GwynCV, South Carolina
- Gwyn hit 88 percent in the Gamecocks ‘in a nasty 24-14 Gamecocks win’ in 13th place Kentucky.
- He didn’t let any pressure or midfield sacks happen while scoring two pancake blocks and a pair of kills.
- Gamecocks made a total of 356 strikes in a balanced attack, with 179 on the ground and 177 in the air.
- MarShawn Lloyd scored the second 100-yard dash of his career with 110 yards on 22 attempts.
Byron YoungDE, Tennessee
- Young prevailed when 8 Tennessee beat 25 LSU by a score of 40-13, representing the Vols’ biggest win ratio on the road over a ranked opponent since beating No. 12 Alabama 41- 14 in Birmingham on October 14, 1995.
- He racked up a career-best 2.5 tackles and cemented his career high with 2.5 tackles lost, while finishing with a total of five tackles and a total of five tackles. close QB according to Pro Football Focus.
- Young’s 2.5 bags are the most by an SEC player this week and the most tied by any SEC player in a full-season game (Anderson, Alabama; Domenick, Arkansas).
- 2.5 sacks is also the most by Vol in a game since 2020.
- Young and the Vols restricted the tigers for one season to a low 55 yards.