National and Commonwealth thoughts turned to the Queen after Buckingham Palace announced her doctors were “concerned about her well-being”.
In the light of statementIt was announced on Thursday afternoon that all of the Queen’s children, along with Prince William and Prince Harry, are traveling with her at Balmoral.
The following Sky News looks back at the Queen’s health in recent years.
Knee surgery and cataract surgery
The Queen went to hospital for knee surgery in 2003 and was seen using a cane in public for about two weeks afterwards.
She was hospitalized again in 2013 after suffering a nasty episode of gastroenteritis.
In 2016, she used the elevator, instead of the royal 26-step staircase, to enter the state’s inaugural parliament.
Two years later, in 2018, she had successful surgery to treat a cataract in one of her eyes.
On October 12, 2021, at the age of 95, she was shown on screen use a walking stick at Westminster Abbey – she first appeared to need one for mobility problems.
She was ordered by her doctor to rest for that month, and as a result, canceled a series of engagements.
On October 20 of last year, Ms Overnight at King Edward VII Private Hospital in central London – her first overnight hospital stay in eight years.
A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said she had been admitted for a “preliminary investigation” – but returned to Windsor Castle a day later and was “still in good spirits”.
The following month, she was unable to attend the Cenotaph on Memorial Sunday after sprained her back.
After she told a member of the public she was “unable to move”, Buckingham Palace declined to comment but it is understood she was feeling a bit stiff – not injured or unwell. .
On February 21 this year, it was reported that the Queen had tested positive for coronavirus.
Buckingham Palace said she suffered from “mild cold-like symptoms” but recovered as she was known to have had three doses of the vaccine.
She later commented in a phone call with COVID doctors, nurses and bereaved families that the virus had left her “very tired and exhausted”.
Recent mobile issues
In May this year, the Queen’s “batch migration” meant she had to miss the state congress opening for the first time in 59 years.
She also absent from most of her Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
This week, for the first time in her time in office, she must appoint a new prime minister of the United Kingdom at Balmoral – not Buckingham Palace.
She was there during her summer break and was advised not to travel, instead to Liz Truss in Scotland.
One day later she cancel a virtual meeting of the Privy Council after “all day on Tuesday”.
On Thursday, Buckingham Palace released this statement: “Following further assessment this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned about the Queen’s health and have recommended that she continue to be under medical supervision. economic.
“The Queen remains relaxed and at Balmoral.”
Sky News royal correspondent Rhiannon Mills noted that members of the Royal Family were “unlikely to call off engagements” after it was announced that Charles, Camilla and William would be accompanying her at Balmoral.