News

India, China military talks again on Sunday, but little hope of resolving Depsang stand-off | India News


NEW DELHI: India will hold its next round of high-level military talks with China this weekend in another attempt to defuse more than two-year-old military confrontation in the east Ladakhbut there is little hope of resolving the important deadlock at the strategic location Depsang Plains.
The 16th round of corps commander-level talks, led by Leh-based 14th Army Corps Commander Lieutenant General Anindya Sengupta and Nam Tan Military Region Commander, said the sources said on Wednesday, sources said. Cuong, Major General Yang Lin, in the lead.
After the 15th parade was held on 11 March without any breakthrough, Foreign Minister S Jaishankar met his counterpart Wang Yi several times, most recently on the sidelines of the G-20 foreign ministers’ meeting in Bali on 7 July.
India has repeatedly emphasized that the resolution of the confrontation in Ladakh is very important to improve bilateral relations in general, but so far to no avail. Instead, China has been steadily building new military infrastructure such as troop hangars and helipads, gun and missile sites, and roads and bridges along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). 3,488 km long extending from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh. A Chinese fighter jet even flew very close to Indian military positions at one of the “friction points” east of Ladakh most recently on June 28, as reported by TOI.
The sources said that while India expected some progress in completing the stalled troop withdrawal at Patrol Point-15 (PP-15) in the Hot Springs-Gogra-Kongka La area during the round of negotiations. During the 16th military, China shows no signs of withdrawing from the much larger stops at Depsang and the Charding Ninglung Nallah (CNN) rail crossing at Demchok.
In fact, China has managed to resolve the dispute at PP-15 despite the fact that rival military commanders had reached an “understanding” of the withdrawal there during the 12th military wave in October. 7 years ago.
“There continue to be mixed signals from China and its People’s Liberation Army (PLA). A source said they have no intention of discussing Depsang’s failure so far.
The PLA has been actively blocking Indian troops in the Depsang Bulge area, about 18 km inside what India considers its territory, not even to PP-10, 11, 12, 12A troops. and 13 of their traditions in the region since April-May. 2020.
After several PLA attacks in eastern Ladakh at the time, causing the ongoing military confrontation with India, the withdrawal took place in the Pangong Tso-Kailash Range area last February. and then at PP-17A near the important Gogra Fort. in early August. But the overall stalemate continued, with more than 50,000 troops each from the other two deployed with heavy weapons along the border in the high-altitude area.





Source link

kignews

Kig News: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button