King Charles Did Tell Prince Harry of Queen’s Death Before Announcement, Royal Sources Insist

Bao Hoang is The Daily Beast’s newsletter for all things royal and Royal. Ordered here to get it in your inbox every Sunday.

Royal sources have confirmed to The Daily Beast that King Charles has talked to Prince Harry and informed him personally of his grandmother’s death before a public announcement was made, after new reports emerged claiming that a call King attempts to bring Harry to Scotland while he was flying to Scotland were unsuccessful, and that Harry learned of his grandmother’s death from breaking news alerts online.

The Daily Telegraph’s royal editor Hannah Furness stated in an article published Saturday that “the phone call was not made”, adding that although Harry “Knew his father was trying to contact him,” he said, “reading a breaking news announcement online before they could use technology to talk.”

The Telegraph previously reported that Harry only found out that his grandmother was dead “Five minutes” before landingbut the new account of the events of that fateful day shows that he did not receive even the briefest of notices.

However, a royal source strongly objected to The Daily Beast Saturday, telling The Daily Beast unequivocally that By Telegraph the explanation for the tumultuous date of the queen’s death is “incorrect,” adding, that “all members of the family including [Harry]“Had been informed of the queen’s death before the announcement was made.

The source says that it is of course entirely possible that Harry may have seen “rumors and speculations” informally online before the call went through, but added, “it will just be so.” .”

The Palace declined to comment to The Daily Beast. Prince Harry’s office has been approached for comment.

The Palace is keen to quash any suggestion that Harry is treated differently from his brothers or uncles (although The Daily Beast reported exclusively this week on Charles’ plans to “deport” his unruly son.) however The Daily Beast was informed by a reliable source that the queen died shortly after 5pm. It was widely reported that the prime minister Liz Truss was informed of the death at 4:30 pm

The official announcement was made at 6:30 pm

Harry’s plane from London to Scotland — privately chartered at an estimated cost of £30,000, the Telegraph speakwithout specifying who sent the bill — landed at Aberdeen airport at 6:46 pm.

There has been much speculation that Harry’s arrival was delayed because he wanted to take Meghan with him to Scotland but was called by Charles and asked not to do so.

It was the Sussex family who caused a lot of confusion on the matter by hastily releasing a statement shortly after 2pm saying they would both be traveling to Balmoral before later “clarifying” that Meghan would did not make the trip.

The Telegraph quoting a source saying “It was just a mistake… This isn’t about causing or offending, it’s simply protocol and they [the Sussexes] will always respect that. “

What few seem to suspect is that while the queen is known for being weak, her death on Thursday 8 September was a surprise.

No one knows when someone will die… It’s one thing royals have in common with any other family.

Source for Telegraph

A source told Telegraph: “No one knows when someone will die… It’s one thing royals have in common with any other family.

“The Queen is definitely very ill, yes, but they don’t know how long she’s been away. Knowing how to seriously do it is difficult. “

One of the most fascinating stories of the chaos on the morning of the queen’s death came from Jenna Bush Hagerdaughter of former President George W. Bush, who happened to be in Scotland, at Charles’ Dumfries House, to do an interview for NBC with Camilla, which was subsequently dropped.

Bush Hager said her dinner with Charles the night before Queen’s death was “delighted” and led her to conclude the death was a “surprise.”

She said: “The next morning [Thursday] we were preparing for the interview, we were at their house… We were there at 8:30am, the interview was supposed to start around 2:00pm or 2:30pm, I have to meet my spouse who is now the queen. around 1:30 pm

“At 12:30 pm we heard running up and down the hall and it was her team and his team… they came in and said you can be quiet, have a call. . We immediately went to the office of Prince Charles, now King Charles III, … And then all of a sudden, we heard a helicopter. They said the queen was sick and they went and rushed to her. “

This account has sparked speculation that the queen suffered a sudden and catastrophic decline in the hours before her death, unbeknownst to the family.

Source link


Kig News: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button