World

Pakistan HC to indict Imran Khan in contempt case on September 22


ISLAMABAD: Islamabad The supreme court announced on Thursday that it will prosecute Pakistan President of Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) and former Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan on September 22 in a contempt trial for threatening a female judge at a public demonstration.
The ruling was made by a 5-member HC bench headed by Chief Justice Athar Minallah. Last month, the court issued an official notice to Khan after his warning to the district judge and additional session Zeba Chaudhry at a rally in Islamabad on August 20 to brace himself for the consequences. Chaudhry has been approved by the police
the rest of his special assistant, Shahbaz Gill, who had been detained for sedation.
On Wednesday, Imran filed a second answer in court after the first response, presented at the previous hearing, was called “unsatisfactory”.
During the hearing, CJ found that Imran Khan’s responses to the court’s notice of cause appeared to “justify” contempt of judicial authority and showed “no remorse or remorse.” hate”. At the final hearing, Justice Minallah asked Khan to submit a “good-
considered as “respond in seven days to notice of cause, otherwise the court will have its way.
In his first response, the head of PTI did not apologize but offered to retract his comments if they were inappropriate. In his latest response, Khan asked the court to rescind the notice based on his explanation and following the “principles of forgiveness”.
In both replies, the Chairman of PTI did not offer an unconditional apology. Expressing frustration at Khan’s additional response, a 19-page document, the court asked: “Even after the court issued its opinion on the matter, is this the answer? that you sent?”
The court order states that the charges against the former Prime Minister will be framed on September 22 at 2.30pm. “Advisors learned to respond to respondent took us through additional feedback submitted by respondent and submitted that it was an explanation of the speech regarding the contempt proceedings that were initiated,” it stated. clear. “We do not believe that the respondent has acquitted himself of the alleged misconduct against him in connection with the notice of cause being given,” the HC order read.
When the court adjourned for five minutes after reserving his verdict, Khan stood up and asked the court if he could speak. Here, the judge said that the court heard his lawyer and did not need him to speak.
Shortly after the verdict was announced, Khan told reporters in an informal conversation outside the courtroom that he wanted to speak during the proceedings but was not authorized to do so.





Source link

kignews

Kig News: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button