Preview PSV Eindhoven vs FC Zurich
FC Zurich is currently bottom of the Swiss Super League standings and has struggled this season. The visitors played a 0-0 stalemate against Winterthur last week and will need to push hard in this game.
PSV Eindhoven is in 3rd place in the Eredivisie standings at the moment and has been playing very well so far. The hosts overcame Heerenveen with a 1-0 win in their previous game and will need to raise it this week.
PSV Eindhoven vs FC Zurich Head to head stats and stats
- PSV Eindhoven is slightly better than FC Zurich and has won 2/3 of the matches played between the two teams, as opposed to 1 victory of FC Zurich.
- PSV Eindhoven have beaten the Swiss side in all of their home matches in Europe so far, with the previous win being against FC Basel in the 2019-20 campaign.
- FC Zurich’s only away game in Europe against the Dutch was against PSV Eindhoven in 1964 – they suffered a 0-1 defeat but won 3-2 on aggregate.
- PSV Eindhoven have lost two of their last four European games at home – as many defeats as they have suffered in their 18 European home games before this one.
- FC Zurich won just one away game in the UEFA Europa League and lost 13 other matches along the way.
- PSV Eindhoven’s Cody Gakpo has scored 3 goals and 1 assist in the UEFA Europa League this season – the highest number of contributed goals in the tournament to date.
Prediction PSV Eindhoven vs FC Zurich
PSV Eindhoven has been impressive in the UEFA Europa League so far and will be intent on qualifying for the knockout stages. Cody Gakpo have been in impressive form this season and will make his mark in this game.
FC Zurich is struggling at the moment and will need to overcome the slump in form in the coming weeks. PSV Eindhoven is the better team at the moment and can win this match.
Guess: PSV Eindhoven 2-1 FC Zurich
PSV Eindhoven vs FC Zurich Betting Tips
Tip 1: Results – PSV Eindhoven
Tip 2: Game with over 2.5 goals – Yes
Tip 3: PSV Eindhoven scores first – Yes
Tip 4: Cody Gakpo scores – Yes