Ubisoft has delayed the closing date of some of its multiplayer servers for some of its games. The shutdown is said to take effect on September 1but now they will stay for an extra month, will be shutting down on October 1st instead.
Ubisoft said in a update to the original post. “Over the last month, our teams have been working hard to explore what’s possible to reduce disruption.”
All IGN Assassin’s Creed Reviews
Games that will continue to appear on online services include:
- Assassin’s Creed II
- Assassin’s Creed III
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
- Revealing the assassin’s creed
- Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD
- San Francisco Driver
- Far Cry 3
- Future soldier scout ghost
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
- Legend of Rayman
- Silent Hunter 5
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist
The only exception to the new outage date is Space Junkies, the server will be shut down on September 1 as planned.
Furthermore, the team at Ubisoft Mainz will be rolling out an update for Anno 2070 that will upgrade and replace its old servers so players can enjoy the online components.
Top 10 Assassin’s Creed Games
For PC players, Ubisoft notes activating any single-player DLC for affected games before the server closes on October 1st so they can continue playing after that date. Players on consoles will see no impact on access to the single-player DLC.
Note that the server outage is only for the original PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 versions of the game. Any newer versions like Far Cry 3 Classic Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One or Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will not be affected.
2022 has seen a number of multiplayer server outages, including Killzone Shadowfall in the first day of this month.
George Yang is a freelance writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @yinyangfooey